St. Luke’s Church, Fieldon Bridge, near Tindale Crescent
The memorial plaque originally housed in St. Luke’s church commemorates 17 men. The following 7 men are commemorated on the St. Helens Colliery Memorial Cottages:
- Baines S.
- Baker W.
- Dunn T.
- Judge G.
- Smart R.
- Hebdon R. [recorded as Hebron R.]
- Hedley F.
4 other men are included on this website and also commemorated on this memorial:
- Dinsdale W. also on St. Andrew’s church war memorial
- Howson J.S. [recorded as Houson J.S.] also on West Auckland war memorial and buried in West Auckland cemetery
- Hutchinson W. also on West Auckland war memorial
- Hindmarch T. also on St. Andrew’s church war memorial
St. Luke’s church was demolished many years ago and the memorial plaque is now in St. Andrew’s church, South Church, Bishop Auckland.