1915: the February edition of the Evenwood Parish Magazine reported that 50 men from the locality had joined the colours.
- Adams A J
- Braddick Thos
- Brass Percival
- Cox H.
- Cree Adam
- Dent W
- Featherstone George
- Gaffney A
- Gaffney W
- Heaviside George
- Hewitt John T
- Mason M
- Metcalfe A.
- Neasham F
- Patton George
- Raine John H
- Rutter Thos. H.
- Shaw Thos
- Simpson Robert
- Smith J
- Towers Edgar
- Waling John
- Walton Jas. H.
- Walton J.W.
- Wilkinson W
- Carling J.
- Maughan J.
- Maughan W.
- Smith G.
- Walton J. W.
- Wardle Ralph jun.
- Young W.
- Baird John
- Maires George
- Carrick Edmund
- Kay Chris
Evenwood National School
- Layton P. M.
- Rowe H
- Welldon R
Randolph men from West Auckland
- Britton N L.
- Hope T
- Redfern B
- Vickers D
- Walker Ernest
Randolph man from Toft Hill
- Wilson R. W.
- E. Rushford and
- his brother (Oliver Rushford?)
William Gray of Evenwood Gate, the Hon. Secretary of the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Fund provided Rev. G. J. Collis, vicar of St. Paul’s Church, Evenwood with a complete classified list of those who had enlisted in His Majesty’s Forces – 87 men had joined up, followed in the subsequent months up to January 1916, by a further 22 men. William Gray was a married man with 4 children, a pillar of society being a Parish Councillor, Randolph Colliery checkweighman, a churchman and a member of the workmen’s club. He need not have enlisted but in late 1915 he did so. The regular flow of details to the vicar and the magazine ceased. Gunner W. Gray died of wounds in July 1918.
- **Atkinson William, Evenwood Gate – 14thDLI
- Baird John, the Mill – Remounts – now serving in France
- Bell Harry, Glamis Tce, Coldstream Guards
- Carling John Wm., Oaks – 13th batt DLI
- Cree Adam, Stones End, – 4th batt DLI
- Dobson William, Oaks – Remounts
- Featherstone George, Centre – DLI
- *Heaviside George, Swan St – 6th DLI
- Heseltine James, Oaks – 2nd Reserve Batt 6th DLI
- Hewitt John George, the Centre – 4th batt DLI
- *Howe George, West Tce – 4th Batt DLI
- Jackson John, Brookside – Coldstream Guards
- Kay C., Gordon Lane – Yorks Regt.
- Maughan William, Evenwood Gate – 4th Batt DLI
- Patton George, Swan Street – 4th batt DLI
- Raine John Henry, the Centre – 13th DLI
- Rutter Thomas H., Victoria St – 14th Batt DLI
- Shaw Thomas – the Centre – 6th DLI
- Shipp Arthur Wm. – Evenwood Gate – RAMC
- Taylor James E. Oaks – Remounts
- Walling John, Oaks – 6th DLI
- Walton James H., Rochdale St, – 14th DLI
- Walton John Wm, Oaks – 13th batt DLI
- Wardle Elias, Centre – RFA Wearside Batt
- Wilson George, Oaks – 17th DLI
* Permanently discharged as physically unfit
** Temporarily discharged owing to sickness
- Adams Alfred, Oaks – Yorkshire Regt
- Adams Peter, Oaks – NER Batt Pioneers
- Anderson John Hope, Oaks – 17th DLI
- Ballantyne James, Farncombe Tce., Northumberland Fusiliers
- Birnie William, Oaks Bank – no information yet
- Braddick Thomas, Shirley Tce, – DLI
- Brass Percy, Victoria House, DLI
- Brown Arthur, Gordon Bank – 10TH Batt Yorkshire Regt.
- Carrick Edmund, Delaware Ave – 4th DLI
- Cook George S., Oaks – Cumberland Borderers
- Cox Geo. Thomas, Oaks, 2ND Reserve Batt. DLI
- Cox Harry, South View, – DLI
- Cutts Percy, Princess of Wales Own
- Daniel Arthur L. Shirley Tce – Wearside Batt RFA
- Dent W. Evenwood Gate – RAMC
- Dixon Robert, the Mill – 13th DLI
- Dunn Arthur J., South View – Royal Navy – ships carpenter
- Firby John, Lands Bank – ASC Remounts
- Gaffney Ambrose, Oaks – Yorkshire Regt
- Gaffney C. W. Oaks – Yorkshire Regt.
- Green George, Evenwood Railway Station – NER Batt.
- Haddock Eric M., Ramshaw House – Officers Training Corps
- Hodgson John E., Lands Bank – 3rd East Yorks regt
- Hollis Milburn, Swan St – Wearside Batt RFA
- Howlett Wilfred, Oaks House – ASC Remounts
- Hutchinson Arthur G. Oaks, – 17th DLI
- Layton Alfred, Gordon Gill – 2nd Reserve Batt 6th DLI
- Layton Percy M., Evenwood National School – 9th Gloucester Regt
- Maires George, the Mill – 4th batt DLI
- Mason Mathew, Chapel St – 14th DLI
- Maughan George, Evenwood Gate – 3rdDragoon Guards
- Maughan John, Evenwood Gate – 14thDLI
- Maughan Lawrence, Farncombe Tce – 12th Batt DLI
- **Metcalfe Alfred, Randolph Tce – 12th DLI
- Metcalfe James R., Oaks – ASC Remounts
- Metcalfe John George, the Mill – 17th DLI
- Miller George W., Royal Scottish Fusiliers
- Neasham Fred, Swan St – 2nd Dragoon Guards
- Priestley Robert, Chapel St. – Royal Engineers
- Proud A., Rochdale St., – Wearside Batt RFA
- Richmond Fred., Railwayside – NER Batt
- Rowe H. Evenwood National School, DLI
- Simpson Robert, Randolph Tce – 2nd Devonshire Regt.
- Shipp Daniel, Evenwood Gate – RAMC
- Smith George, Evenwood Gate – 17th DLI
- Smith Ralph, Gordon Lane – no information yet
- Smith William, Oaks – 13th DLI
- Snowball Walter, Oaks – 2nd Reserve Batt DLI
- Snowdon John, Buckheads – OTC
- Spence J.W. Bowes Close – 4th Batt DLI
- Taylor J.J. Raby St – 14thDLI
- Teasdale Jos. W, Oaks – ASC Remounts
- Towers Edgar, Rochdale St – DLI
- Walker Holmes, Alexandra Tce., Wearside Batt RFA
- Walton John Jos, Swan St – Yorkshire Regt.
- Wardle Ralph, Evenwood Gate – 14th Batt DLI
- Welldon R., Ramshaw Council School – DLI
- Wilkinson Wilfred, Rochdale St – Yorkshire Regt
- Wilson Francis A. Rochdale St – RAMC
- Wright Jonathan Oaks – 2nd Reserve Batt 6th DLI
- Wright Wilfred, Oaks – ASC Remounts
- Young William, Evenwood Gate – RAMC – now serving in France.
- Bowman, Thomas, Brookside – Royal Engineers
- Britton Fred, Farncombe Tce – 6th Batt DLI
- Hird Fred, West View – ASC Remounts
- Dr. Campbell
- Barron James, Lands Bank – 6TH DLI
- Middlemass Robert
- Storey William R. Gordon Lane – 6th DLI
- Wilson Josiah, Oaks – 6th DLI
- Wren John, Copeland Row – Royal Navy
- Lowson J. – Drivers in the Army
- Nutter J. H., National School – RAMC
- Oates P., – Drivers in the Army
- Carrick W., South View – Royal Navy
- Clarke C.T. – RAMC
- Lynas G., Chapel St., – Royal Navy
- Purdy W. West View – Royal Navy
- Blenkinsop Joseph – Black Watch
- Elders Albert – Army
- Gibson Thomas A. – Copeland Row – Royal Navy
- Morland Adolphus – Air Service
- Gray W., Evenwood Gate – RAVC
- Metcalfe J. G. the Mill – 6th DLI